Homemade Shea Butter Salve
This stuff is great for dry skin. It's a little tricky to make but worth it!
Heat the following in the microwave (heat in batches of 20-30 seconds until melted):
- 1 Cup Shea Butter
- 1/2 Cup Oil (I used Olive and Avocado Oils)
- 4 Capsules Vitamin E
Then I whip the semi-cooled mixture in the kitchen aid until frothy.
Place in container of choice.
- As with all homemade lotions there is a shelf life of 3-6 months.
- You might have to warm this salve with your hands before applying.
- I use this as a night cream and on any area that is too dry.
- Be careful not to use too much oil, as it makes the salve oily.