Coconut Oil, What's Not to Love?
I loves me some Coconut Oil. Here are my top 10 favorite uses:
1. Oil pullingAt first I thought this was weird (if you haven't hear of it go here), but the more I read about it, the more I thought I'd give it a try. Well I did, and I think I'm hooked. I haven't been doing it everyday but rather 2 times a week. (Will have to have a post about this soon.)
Toothpaste made my own toothpaste. (go here for the recipe I used) LOVE it!! My teeth are cleaner, whiter, fresher breath (even in the morning) and it's cheap. Really no down side to coconut oil toothpaste.
3. Antibiotic skin substitute for scrapesCoconut oil has antibiotic properties, so I keep a small tub of this in my purse and put it on scrapes.
4. Sugar ScrubI use this everyday. Click here for my recipe. It cleans and moisturizes at the same time. Makes my skin soft and smooth.
5. Lip BalmSmear some on your lips. It is so smooth and good you won't be disappointed!
6. LotionThe next time I make some homemade lotion I am going to add coconut oil into the mix. Here is one of my recipes.
7. Good fat for cookingForget what you've heard about saturated fats, coconut oil is good for you and yummy.
8. SunscreenHas and SPF of 5. I know it's not much but if you are only going to be out for a little while, it's better than nothing.
9. Homemade DeodorantI use this natural deodorant everyday, and have never smelled better!
10.Hair/Scalp treatmentCoconut oil is great for cradle cap and dandruff. I even use it as an intense hair moisturizer treatment.
I know Coconut Oil might not be a cure all, but it sure cures a lot. Hope you try it soon and see some benefits. Do you have a favorite use, leave a comment and let me know.