Recipe for Yogurt
That's right, a recipe for homemade yogurt. After reading through several recipes I found one that I wanted to try. It turned out better than I expected. Here's what I did in 7 easy steps.
- Heated 4 cups of milk on the stove for 10 minutes. (180-185 Fahrenheit)
- Let milk cool for an hour (on the counter) until it reaches less than 110 degrees, but not lower than 75 degrees.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of whole milk yogurt and whisk together.
- Then pour into glass jars, place in oven.
- Cover jars with a dish towel, turn oven light on and shut oven door.
- Let sit for 15 hours.
- After that take them out, put lids on them and pop them in the fridge.
My family likes this plain or with honey added in. I use it in smoothies and cold oatmeal (recipes to follow later this month).