31 Days of Preparing for Baby, Day 18
Day 18: Clean
With this pregnancy I had really bad 'morning' sickness. So I hate to admit it, but my house when unvacuumed for over a month. Yikes. So, now that I have the energy and the drive I have been cleaning like crazy, preparing for when baby arrives.
I have cleaned the fridge thoroughly, Vacuumed ceiling fans, air returns, baseboards and scrubbed parts of the kitchen I often forget (like between the stove and the cabinets).
It's good to run though a deep cleaning of a room a week.
- Vacuum under the couch (this is always much worse than I think it will be!)
- Dust all TV components, lampshades, picture frames, plants, tables and window coverings.
- Clean seating (ours is all leather, so I give it a good scrub/wipe down)
- Wipe down often touched surfaces: light switches, TV remotes
- Vacuum under bed and around furniture, in closet and all air returns.
- Dust tables, window coverings, lampshades, ceiling fans and pictures.
- Wipe down often touched surfaces: light switches, door handles, lamp knobs and dresser knobs
- Wipe down mirrors, shelving, walls and baseboards
- Clean often touched surfaces: light switches, door handles, hairdryers, flusher, medicine cabinet pulls
- Freshen and clean drains (pour baking soda and hot vinegar down drains, let sit for 30 mins then flush with hot water)
- Clean stove and microwave
- Run a clean cycle on dishwasher
- Wipe down all pulls, light switches, small and large appliances
- Dust above cabinets
- Freshen disposal and drains with baking soda and vinegar (and after you risen put citrus rind down disposal – I love lime!).
- (This is a good time to check on your pantry, fridge and freezer for staples. Make sure you are stocked up and ready for baby!)
- Vacuum floors and walls behind the washer and dryer
- Dust shelving and cabinets
- Wipe down the washer and dryer, light switches, and containers
- Run cleaning cycle on your washing machine
- (This is good time to make sure you have everything stocked up and will last for a few months after baby arrives.)
- (It might also be helpful to make a “How to” list for the room, so others can help you with laundry.)
I hope this list helps. I'm sure as your nesting behavior kicks in you will find even more things to clean in your homes! :)
(Here is a link to all the posts for 31 Days of Preparing for Baby, the links will become active as the series progresses.)